Worcester Motor Festival – Saturday 20th May 2017
On Saturday 20th May 2017 the 11th Worcester Motor Festival will be taking place throughout the city centre.
This popular event is organised in partnership between the Worcester BID and the Worcester News and features exciting displays of around 150 new and historic cars throughout the pedestrianised city centre. We will be announcing details shortly on new feature areas to keep the event interesting to our visitors. To further animate the event, family street entertainment will be taking place at selected locations, which will include live music, roving stiltwalkers and face painting.
The nature of the event has been found to attract new and repeat visitors, plus potential customers from local and surrounding areas to spend more time and money in our city. The expansion of the event also encourages visitors to explore areas of the city centre they would not have originally visited, thus improving awareness of BID businesses.
The Worcester BID are keen to get as many businesses involved in the Worcester Motor Festival as possible, so that we can promote businesses accordingly. Here are some suggestions how you could get involved:
· Take part in our window dressing competition – the theme is anything motoring or a yellow and red colour scheme. The competition runs from early May with judging on Saturday 20th May.
· On the event day, offer in-store motoring-themed activities and competitions.
· Apply for a free stall pitch to promote/sell your motoring themed products and services, e.g. car insurance or finance, MOT service, motoring themed memorabilia or clothing, etc. (subject to availability).
· Support the event by donating a competition prize (data capture for future promotions).
· Take advantage of special BID advertising rates in the dedicated Worcester News event supplement, sponsorship packages or event programme advertising.
If you are interested in getting involved in the Worcester Motor Festival, please complete and return the attached registration form no later than 24th March 2017. If you have any other great ideas, please contact us on 01905 731612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you with how you will be getting involved.